Monday, October 22, 2012

My Teacher

Ofttimes, when I set out to write something, I'll ask myself questions like, "What will this sound like in 10 years? 100 years?" or "Would I want to be quoted on this?" Sometimes I wonder if I should take writing classes to learn to better express myself. Certainly that would have its benefits, but... I do not wish to write like everybody else!

Do you think David took instruction in song composition? Who could teach the most published song-writer of all time but the Author of music Himself? Who taught Noah to build the ark? Who taught Abraham his faith? Who taught the fearful Moses to face the mighty Pharaoh? Who taught him to lead millions of murmuring Israelites through the desert? Who taught Joshua to make war and conquer? Who taught Gideon? Or Samuel? Solomon?

"And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children" (Isaiah 54:13).
"Thou through Thy commandments hast made me WISER than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more UNDERSTANDING than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand MORE than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts."

Oh, praise the Lord my Teacher! May I sit at His feet every day.

Writing classes would profit nothing if my work boasts the foolishness of the world. I'd a lot rather be a fool for Jesus than an educated fool for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails