Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Can Only Imagine

I’m overwhelming my humble thinking powers by comparing this world to our heavenly one. The earth is so vastly large beyond my finite comprehension! Its circumference at the equator is a monstrous 24,901.55 miles, but this girl has never been more than 1,200 miles away from my place of birth. 

Then, what of its composition? There are the ranges of peaks, some capped in snow, others thickly forested, some lush and green, others brown and rocky; the rivers, mighty and muddy like the ole Mississip, or picturesque and peaceful, with rocky bottoms, clear as class. There are the vast oceans, the brown plains, the hills, the jungles, the deserts, the Antarctic icebergs… Oh, so much to see!

Tell me, O wise one, what will heaven be like? Will its beauties be beyond even our immortal understandings? Will its size be comparable to the heavens for expanse? Will eternity be long enough to measure its wonders? 

I can only imagine...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails